Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jack's better days continued

So when I left off I had just brought Jack home from the hospital OOPS not hospital but pet store. .(I considered deleting that mistake but i think it says so much about how much we love this little dog) Any way back to the story. When I got him home and began to interact with him he was weak and even unable to pull his nails from the carpet. But with some good food and a good nights rest he quickly perked up.The weeks that followed I spent time learning a little bit about the breed. I bought a Book and was fascinated to find out that the firs bona fide Dachshunds emerged from Germany, although no one knows for sure how they got there. But it was German foresters are credited with shaping the breed. They needed a hardy dog to follow a variety of game ranging from rabbits to wild boar. The dog had to be small enough to fit into the same small spaces, while being tenacious enough to face a badger alone underground and win. The breed also needed to be vocal enough to let the hunter know where to dig. The dog would trap the badger and hold it until the hunter could dig down to where they were.

The first time I took jack to the vet I was told that many Dachshund's end up suffering from back problems. She told me that having him neutered as soon as possible could be helpful, so we did. It's time to cook dinner so I will continue the story in a bit. please come back. Also please add a comment. I realize that this blog is just getting started but with your help we can grow a love of dachshund community that we will all enjoy. I will be posting lots of pictures soon and encourage everyone to do the same.

No comments:

Jack Just A Baby

Jack Just A Baby
Jack has Magical Eyes

Stats

Good Dog Sites Track

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/cgi-bin/AutoRank/rankem.cgi?id=laurelr4