Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jack has had better days.

Hello,
My name is Tammy and I am starting this post today because I would like to share my Dachshund Jack's story. I hope to share with you some of the tips and tricks I have used to train him. Training him and watching just how fast he can learn to do new tricks has been one of the most enjoyable parts of having him. (speak of the Devil he just pushed his way onto my lap trying to stop me from typeing) I get a thrill out takeing him out and showing him off. I can not even count how many times other Dachshund owners have approched me to ask how I did it. It was not hard I simply had to think like him. I will talk more about this in future post. Today I would like to start off by telling you Jack's story.

It all started on valentines day about 3 years ago. I had some time to kill between the two Job interviews I had that day, so I decided to look around in the local pet store. I was not looking for a Dog! Once inside I was immediatly drawn to a cage with a little tiny black and brown dog. He was standing in a small box no bigger than a litterbox but he was to small to get out, and he was talking directly to me. It was Love at first sight. I wanted him so bad but and this is the imbarasing part for me, he had an $800 price tag. Like I said I was unemployed and not looking for a dog. But for some reason I just could not walk away. I called home and asked if it would be ok and was told absolutely NOT TO BUY THE DOG. Well I did it anyway. I pulled out my credit card and bought him. Placed him inside my down coat and away we went. He was so small you could only his tiny head was sticking out of my coat when I walked in the house. Luck for me the rest of my family had the same reaction and he was instantly a part of the family. That is my post for now I have to go run some errands. I look forward to posting again later.

No comments:

Jack Just A Baby

Jack Just A Baby
Jack has Magical Eyes

Stats

Good Dog Sites Track

http://www.i-love-dogs.com/cgi-bin/AutoRank/rankem.cgi?id=laurelr4